With airlines starting to fly again, there are new processes in place to keep passengers and airline stuff safe.
Fiji Airways has implemented the following:
- Facemasks will be mandatory for travel for both Fiji Airways and Fiji Link customers once international flights recommence, and guests are advised to have these prior to arriving at the airport for the issuance of boarding passes. All customers must keep their masks on wherever practical throughout their journey, except small children and those unable to do so.
- All customer-facing staff will wear Personal Protective Equipment.
- Customers can expect enhanced health screenings, including temperature checks.
- Physical distancing and spaced out counters will be practiced throughout most airports, and hand sanitisers will be available for use.
- All checked-in bags will be sanitised before being loaded onto the aircraft.
- The in-cabin air in all jet aircraft is filtered and recirculated through extremely efficient HEPA filters.
- Lavatories onboard will be sanitised more frequently inflight, and high-touch surfaces will be sanitised after every flight.
- Business-class customers will continue to enjoy three-course meals, now delivered on a single tray.
- A simplified meal service for Economy Class will be delivered in special ‘Food for Thought’ packaging, which reduces contact between customers and crew. This eco-friendly packaging is safe for disposal, and will save up to half a million litres of water a year and remove up to two tonnes of plastics annually from onboard.
Fiji Airways will await approval from authorities in Fiji and its key international markets before announcing international flight schedules. At present time, international flights remain cancelled through the end of July 2020.
Click here for more information