With airlines starting to fly again, there are new processes in place to keep passengers and airline stuff safe.
Qatar has implemented the following:
Check In and boarding
- We recommend checking in online to reduce interactions at the airport. Download your boarding pass to your phone through the Qatar Airways app.
- For ease of movement, we recommend only bringing checked baggage. Please check the baggage requirements at your destination, as some of our destinations do not allow hand luggage.
- We now require all passengers to wear a face covering on-board and at the airport. To ensure you are comfortable, we recommend bringing your own from home.
- If you have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 within the past 14 days, we require you not to travel. We have plenty of options for you to rebook your flight.
- There may be delays at the airport due to extra check in procedures. Ensure you have plenty of time to check in safely and make your way to your gate.
- Please ensure you maintain a 1.5 metre distance from other passengers at all times, especially during the check-in and boarding process.
- We have modified our boarding process to limit contact between passengers and our staff. Please pay attention to boarding requirements at your gate.
- All our cabin crew will now wear personal protective equipment (PPE) suits in addition to masks, protective glasses and gloves.
- We recommend that all passengers regularly wash their hands throughout their journey. Hand sanitiser bottles are available in the galley for you to use at any time throughout your flight.
- All service equipment is washed with detergents and rinsed with demineralized fresh water at temperatures that kill pathogenic bacteria.
- All our headsets are sanitised, refurbished and hygienically packed after every flight.
- All our aircraft are disinfected after every flight with cleaning products recommended by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- Our aircraft feature the most advanced air filtration systems that provide the most effective protection against infection. The industrial-size HEPA filters remove 99.97% of viral and bacterial contaminants from re-circulated air.
- All our bedding and linen items are washed, dried, and pressed at temperatures up to 100 degrees centigrade after every flight. Economy Class pillow covers are disposed of after every flight.
- Whilst our screens are kept sanitised for your personal use, many of our digital newspapers and magazines are available on our Oryx One application. Download the ORYX ONE PLAY app from the app store or play store.
- All arrivals and departures passengers will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Advanced thermal screening helmets are also used, equipped with infrared thermal imaging and artificial intelligence.
- All handrails, baggage belts, trolleys and surfaces are disinfected and sanitised every 15 minutes. Hamad International Airport is also home to fully autonomous mobile disinfectant robots which emit ultraviolet C, known to eliminate infectious microorganisms.
- Physical distancing is required at all times. Hamad International Airport has installed signage, floor markings, and distanced seating to ensure you maintain a 1.5 metre distance from other passengers.
- All departure, arrival and transfer baggage will be disinfected at Hamad International Airport.
[youtube url=”https://youtu.be/4d0Zrx6ZBbg” width=”600″ height=”400″ responsive=”yes” autoplay=”no” mute=”no”]