With airlines starting to fly again, there are new processes in place to keep passengers and airline stuff safe.
United Airlines has implemented the following:
- All passengers and staff are required to wear a mask or face covering while onboard. BYO.
- Customers will be given individually wrapped hand sanitiser wipes to as they board.
- Staff temperature checks at the start of each shift.
- The airline is reducing touchpoints by temporarily shutting down self-service kiosks and beginning to roll out, in select locations, touchless kiosks that allow customers to print bag tags using their own device to scan a QR code.
- Actively promoting social distancing with enhanced signage, including a 6 ft. rule at the ticket counters which allows for minimal contact between agents and customers.
- “Sneezeguards” deployed at key interaction points, including at check-in counters.
- Boarding fewer customers at a time to allow for more distance during the boarding process, minimizing crowding at the gate and jet bridge.
- Enhanced safety and well-being of team members by requiring the use of personal protective equipment
- Pre-packaged food and beverages available only at the bar area to reduce customer touchpoints
- United has introduced an “all in one” economy snack bag that replaces the economy beverage and complimentary snack choice service on domestic flights scheduled 2 hours and 20 minutes or more. This bag will include a wrapped sanitizer wipe, an 8.5 oz. bottled water, a Stroopwafel and a package of pretzels
- Enhancing cabin sanitization including electrostatic spraying, which will happen before every flight starting this June.
- Limiting advance seat selections where possible and allowing customers to take alternative flights when they expect a flight to operate over 70% capacity.
Click here for more information.